Author Topic: Army Glock R17 (Glock G17) Review  (Read 9114 times)

Offline Porky

• AHB Associate
Army Glock R17 (Glock G17) Review
« on: November 04, 2010, 11:04:26 pm »
Well this little gem has been my surprise of the week!!

Ordered through Waridiot (on ASNZ) cost me $110 NZ delivered and $25 NZ each for 2 spare mags ($160 all up).

Out of the box I most impressed with the quality of the gun although being a Chinese clone it looks and feels like a much higher quality gun.

The slide is alloy (metal) and the lower is an ABS style plastic.

It came packaged in a dense black foam cut to the shape of the gun which held it nicely in place.

It has a nice weight to it and feels very well balanced in my hand and is extremely easy to shoot.
With a TM style hop up and plastic outer barrel, a recoil spring that stays together when disassembled the gun was a very neat package.

The gun has the Glock trades on the slide

and also on the pistol grip

The mags have nice detail on them also

Like the real Glock G17 this model features the trigger safety

Where you must have full contact on the trigger to shoot
Also there is an Airsoft safety too. The silver serial number under the front of the gun can be slid back to engage a safety but only once the gun is cocked.

From the reviews I had read and seen on Youtube the Army R17 seemed to come from the manufacturer with very little to no lube on the slide. Well mine was the complete opposite as I had to get a rag to clean some of the gunky lube from the gun then re-spray with some silicone spray of my own.

After the clean it was time for a chrono of the little beast

For some fun I decided to compare the Army R17 and my WE HiCappa 1911

Glock      WE
323        296
312        302
317        298
319        270
316        290
315        285
312        264
287        281
311        283
314        279

312        284    Averages

So the Glock was a little hotter this was to be expected due to the lighter slide and less gas consumption used to cycle it.

I the proceeded to empty the glocks mag and was most impressed with the loud bark it gave as it was being shot the the recoil of the gun too. The mag locked back once empty and there was only a very little cool down on the mag. I then tried to empty the WE's mag and after a few rounds the gun wouldn't cycle fully and needed to be cocked after every shot, it didn't lock back after it was empty and the mag was freazing when I took it out, the sound of the WE is also extremely different kind of lazy not at all sharp.

I then decided to do a little accuracy test on a target was printed on an A4 sheet of paper and from about 7-10 meters ten shots were taken in my little indoor range.

My wife decided she wanted to take the first shot which did make it onto the page which was nice as she has never shot any of my gear before.
From there I took over and although I am no shooting legend the grouping was pretty tight well within the size of a CD.

I then picked up the WE and tried again.

Using the same target and marking the WE shots with squares the results were not as good just missing out on getting all ten shots inside the size of a CD case.

While this doesn't mean a huge amount over such a short distance it will make a difference over a longer distance.

My only gripe with this gun is the lower frame the plastic is quite shiny and does feel a little cheap but what do you expect from a Chinese clone???

I love this little beast and will look forward to shooting you all with it!!

Porky out.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 09:04:19 pm by Eightball »
Snipers are a force multiplier!!!

Offline Eightball

• AHB Associate
Re: Army Glock R17 (Glock G17)
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 07:16:35 am »
How long did it take for delivery?

Was it shipped from HK?
"War is cruelty. There's no use trying to reform it, the crueler it is the sooner it will be over." - General William T. Sherman

Offline Porky

• AHB Associate
Re: Army Glock R17 (Glock G17)
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 07:39:58 am »
Ordered on the 23/10/10, shipped from Hong Kong on the 28/10/10 and arrived on the 2/11/10
Snipers are a force multiplier!!!

Offline Cribbs

• FNG!
Re: Army Glock R17 (Glock G17) Review
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 07:15:27 pm »
wife shot! hahahhahahahahah epic man epic