Author Topic: Introduction Thread: Post here before anywhere else.  (Read 278794 times)

Offline Eightball

• AHB Associate
Introduction Thread: Post here before anywhere else.
« on: May 04, 2010, 12:18:56 pm »
Hey all,

This is the opportunity to make a good first impression. First Impressions last. When you are new to this forum, we do request that you write a short and friendly introduction of yourself. It's not too painful, and helps the rest of us get an idea about who you are.

Ill lead by example and go first.

Im Warren, sometimes called Eightball. I'm 38 years old living in Hastings. Married, with multiple offspring, I work in IT, but I also enjoy replicating real-world weapons and kit in Airsoft.

:P 8)

« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 09:28:58 pm by Eightball »
"War is cruelty. There's no use trying to reform it, the crueler it is the sooner it will be over." - General William T. Sherman

Offline Delta One Zero

• AHB Associate
Re: Introduction Thread: Post here before anywhere else.
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 02:02:26 pm »
Hi guys,

My name is Michael, sometimes referred to as either Delta One Zero, DeltaTen, or D-Ten. I'm 30 and am living in the Frankton suburb of Queenstown (a nice little touristy spot in the Central Otago region of the South Island.)
Can't say I have actually played any airsoft yet, but am enthusiastically hoping to get into it sooner rather than later, though at the moment there is a lack of any clubs in the Central Otago region (at least for Airsoft, there is a paintball club in Cromwell I believe.)
As for what interests me about the sport, well I think it's largely because it would allow me to utilize airsoft weaponry and kit that mirror what is commonly used by Special Operation units around the globe, as Special Operation Units is one my major interests (inclusive of the kit/weaponry/support assets they use.)
Besides this I'm a avid computer and console gamer, with probably a little bit too much time to do both (the joys and/or frustrations of being unemployed.)

Offline Eightball

• AHB Associate
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 02:27:07 pm »
Welcome aboard man..  ;D
"War is cruelty. There's no use trying to reform it, the crueler it is the sooner it will be over." - General William T. Sherman

Offline R3CON

• AHB Associate
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 03:58:31 pm »
Hi everyone, My name is R3CON (Eion) and I am an Airsoft gearwhore addict. I enjoy playing airsoft and like dressing up like a "proper army man" and shooting bits of plastic at other pretend armymen.

Seriously though, I like doing realworld kits (or impressions) I dont really base them on a particular picture I have seen (as most people do) but more of a look (using many pictures and video etc) in regards to the type of look I'm goin for, then I put my own spin on it.

Mostly its like I said at the top, I like dressing up and playing war  :P

Welcome to the forum D-Ten. Hope to have you up for a game at some point.

Eion
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 04:00:30 pm by R3CON »
bullets, bodies and bull[sand]

Offline Porky

• AHB Associate
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 11:36:23 pm »
Ok hi all I'm Porky (David).

Married with two little kiddies, muso (drummer), and employed as a customer service manager for a local supermarket (yes that does mean I am a glorified check out chick)

When it comes to Airsoft I believe more is more!!! So I have started a small arsenal which will only get bigger (wife willing and all). Not too fussed about the reality of my kits just like functionality.

Welcome to AHB all!!!!
Snipers are a force multiplier!!!

Offline Punt3r

• FNG!
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 03:56:23 am »
Hi i'm Punt3r, Paul, Paulo, Paulee, Poara, Palu or Poo

I'm the Armourer too, So hit me up to do stuff on your gun, help you buy/import guns or even just get my advice on guns.

I love my shotty, its satisfying shotting someone with a 100 bones springer.  (bones is dollars)

Currently I'm swamped in activities as well as work, after this month though I should get back my saturadays for gaming or doing stuff.

I'm rating that the site gets better every time I log on and i can't wait for us to grow.

Cheers everyone, lets get into beers sometime too

Offline Euthanasia

• AHB Associate
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 02:01:54 pm »
Posting here before anywhere else.

I'm Euthanasia or Phil. I'm a relative new-comer to the sport but I'm finding it a hell of a lot of fun.
I'm another I.T person as well. I'm also Porky's big brother... well older, not bigger.
Desensitized to everything, what became of subtlety.

Offline Chi

• FNG!
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2010, 07:27:52 pm »
Well I did this backwards, but meh.

My name is Chi (Richie). I'm more of your thrift store airsoft player (buys cheap guns, but does'nt care since I just want to play, does'nt matter how)

Living in Taradale, work as an I.T. Tech, 31 y/o.

Thats pretty much me :)
You got my leathers and helmet sorted Froggy?

Offline Eightball

• AHB Associate
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2010, 01:30:31 pm »
Welcome Guys.

Offline R3CON

• AHB Associate
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2010, 01:57:09 pm »
welcome fellas.
bullets, bodies and bull[sand]

Offline Punt3r

• FNG!
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2010, 02:09:22 pm »
yeah welcome guys, and i'm interested in seeing this CAS too

Offline Windos

• FNG!
    • king.geek.nz
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2010, 07:52:38 pm »
I'm Josh, also known as Windos, Vexxtal or King.

I'm 22 and just started working in IT with Eightball. Have never been to an Airsoft event but am looking at buying some gear and getting into it. I have been through RNZAF basic training and am considering a Steyr AUG type rifle (any suggestions, btw?)
"This thread has just stuck its head up its own arse and is back where it started.."

Offline Punt3r

• FNG!
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2010, 11:11:55 pm »
Hey Josh, welcome to the club. I'm no expert on AUG's , but I do know that tokyo marui is quality if you can afford it. To start off with though, just come out to a few games and borrow/rent some gear, don't be in a rush to buy a gun. Once you do find a gun to buy, please get my advice from there, It's my job to help you guys out with purchasing.

Looking forward to seeing you this weekend.

Offline Jaybee

• AHB Member
    • Airsoft Hawke's Bay
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2010, 11:15:32 am »
Woah i totally didnt post here first!  :o

My names Jay, got into this through Phil and its wicked!
Good fun getting out and shooting ya mates haha

Airsoft seems to be alot more realistic compared to other sports like this, awesome fun!
"You know today is Thursday, right?" - Torak

Jared1234

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2010, 11:16:02 am »
hey, im Jared. im 18, currently doing a apprentiship in automotive engineering