Author Topic: Introduction Thread: Post here before anywhere else.  (Read 277577 times)

Offline torak

• AHB Member
Re: Introduction Thread: Post here before anywhere else.
« Reply #360 on: September 12, 2016, 07:46:26 am »
Welcome Legionary/Spartan. Do you want me to change your forum name to Spartan? We normally use our call sign as our forum name. So if you're going to be Spartan in the field you should be Spartan on the forums.

We'll have to talk about your son playing as he's under our age limit unfortunately. Feel free to flick me a PM and we can talk about that.
The AHB Motto: WAFFLE-O
"We're all friends, friends love each other"

Offline Wolf

• AHB Member
« Reply #361 on: September 13, 2016, 07:30:58 pm »
Hi
I'm looking start playing air soft in the future, but I have more important things to be spending my money at the moment.
I thought I'd using the forum in advance to get some information before I get involved.

I was looking on the asgc.co.nz website and found the SCAR-L, which looked like a well-rounded gun from what I'd seen on YouTube but I don't know whether an AEG or GBB would be better for a beginner.
The AEG is more expensive by just over $220 at $719.99 which seems like a bit much. [size=78%]asgc.co.nz/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=283_290&products_id=1946[/size]
The GBB costs $499.99, which is a much more reasonable price. [size=78%]http:/asgc.co.nz/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=306_339&products_id=1900[/size]

I'd really like for some help on what I should buy, and and other tips a beginner might need.
Thanks

Offline Wolf

• AHB Member
« Reply #362 on: September 13, 2016, 07:35:42 pm »
Also forgot to mention that my name is Liam, I'm currently 14 (almost 15) but I won't start playing really until towards the end of next year and I will probably rent out equipment first time, rather than buying it before I start playing.

Offline torak

• AHB Member
« Reply #363 on: September 13, 2016, 08:10:54 pm »
Hi Liam and welcome to the AHB forums. Definitely have a go with one of our club guns first.

We would highly recommend buying an AEG over a GBB.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 08:12:43 pm by Torak »

Offline Viper

• AHB Probationary Member
« Reply #364 on: October 06, 2016, 03:13:38 pm »
hi I'm Charlie I heard about airsoft through my friend and so far I have played one game and I'm hooked cant wait to meet u all thanks (: (:

Offline ArthurGalvao

• FNG!
« Reply #365 on: October 07, 2016, 03:01:56 pm »
Hi guys, Im Arthur, but friends call me Art. Im 17 and I am from Brazil, i am here in a exchange since july and i will stay until december. I already have experience with either airsoft guns and paintball guns, i was used to play a lot of paintball in Brazil, normaly in forests and stuff. I have all the gear for it but they are all in Brazil, i just brouth my unifform. I was used to play some games such as Day z, Arma III, Arma II, CSGO, Heroes and Generals, and all the battlefields after bf2, my nickname was used to be Shimano, so if you want to call me like this its ok👍🏻

Offline Jaybee

• AHB Member
    • Airsoft Hawke's Bay
« Reply #366 on: October 07, 2016, 04:26:21 pm »
Welcome guys!
"You know today is Thursday, right?" - Torak

Offline Angry Chef

• AHB Member
« Reply #367 on: November 11, 2016, 03:04:12 pm »
Hey Guys, my name is Reiner and I came from germany to NZ this year. 31 years young and I'm planning to stay here for a couple of years. I'm a Chef and living in Hastings at the moment.
Airsoft experience is mediocre so far but I am a fast learner and as a chef used to chain of command. If your play more milsim games I would be happy to join in and hopefully find a spot in your rows.
If there are any questions feel free to send a pm .
Have are great weekend guys and I hope to see you on the next open match if my gear from germany is here till then.

Offline Spartan

• AHB Member
« Reply #368 on: November 12, 2016, 07:17:04 am »
Danke and Welcome Reiner will be looking forward to fighting by your side bud :D
"...better to die on your feet...than live on your knees..."

Offline torak

• AHB Member
« Reply #369 on: November 12, 2016, 12:45:02 pm »
Welcome Reiner. Our next open game unfortunately wont be until early January now. Looking forward to meeting you!

Offline Angry Chef

• AHB Member
« Reply #370 on: November 12, 2016, 01:28:47 pm »
Thanks Torak. This should be perfect cause it takes a month I think till my gear is here.
Any idea where I could get a AEG for a decent price? Sold my King Arms SIG before I moved here.
Cause most sellers here need a letter from a Club. And I don't really trust trade me in that case.
Regards

Offline torak

• AHB Member
« Reply #371 on: November 12, 2016, 04:28:51 pm »
We recommend buying your first gun from asgc. It'll cost a bit more than it would buying from over seas, but less hastle and you get a warranty

Offline Mortal

• AHB Probationary Member
« Reply #372 on: November 13, 2016, 12:10:26 pm »
hey my name is Shaun i played last saturday looking forward to play more in the future P.S my leg were sore as hell after lol.

Offline Spartan

• AHB Member
« Reply #373 on: November 16, 2016, 07:17:19 am »
Welcome Shaun so glad you and your GF could come and finally check it out :D keen to see more of you guys :)
"...better to die on your feet...than live on your knees..."

Offline Anarchy

• AHB Member
« Reply #374 on: December 05, 2016, 08:10:40 pm »
Hi All,

My names is Kole - call sign Anarchy. I used to play in the Auckland Airsoft group along side Silver Assassin. Decided to come back and it was a blast. Legs can hardly move but should be good to go by next game haha.

Cheers.
"Blood makes you related but loyalty makes you family"